About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, thank you for visiting my blog! Let me tell you a bit about myself. First I'm a wife then a mother of two (a 5 & 1yr old). I love to share my experiences, thoughts, ideas, questions really just about everything, lol! I want to be a positive motivation by sharing what I go through. You never know what I'll post, believe me, sometimes I blow my own mind. Having children = never a dull moment. Through it all I try to take one day at time remembering to keep breathing through it all :)

Monday, September 8, 2014

  This is our 3rd week of school and Mikey is still excited. Last Thursday we had Information Night and it was interesting. The teachers went over how the Dual-Language program will work and how students are graded. The 1st week of school all children were assessed and we were advised Mikey has a reading & comprehension level of a mid year 1st grader. Due to this he was able to start participating in both classes. Children have Social Studies in Spanish and when they are in Spanish class they are required to speak to their teacher in only Spanish. I think it's a little harsh but on the other hand I understand pushing a child. If I didn't push Mikey he wouldn't be where he's at now! The children are in groups in their main class and have "buddies" in Spanish class. If they don't know how to communicate in Spanish class they are instructed to ask their buddy. Mikey is not necessarily excited about it so we have to work on that, lol. Right now he loves Monday's as its library day and he keeps talking about the chickens the school is getting.
  Are morning routines are pretty good but Mikey is getting a little slow with his wake up. He is not really morning person. He got that from me, hehe.  Shhh, don't tell no one. I'm starting to become a morning person and I don't like it!
  What are some of the things going on in your childs school? Do you do PTA or do you volunteer? Is your child liking school so far?



No comments:

Post a Comment