About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, thank you for visiting my blog! Let me tell you a bit about myself. First I'm a wife then a mother of two (a 5 & 1yr old). I love to share my experiences, thoughts, ideas, questions really just about everything, lol! I want to be a positive motivation by sharing what I go through. You never know what I'll post, believe me, sometimes I blow my own mind. Having children = never a dull moment. Through it all I try to take one day at time remembering to keep breathing through it all :)

Monday, January 4, 2016

My 2016 goal....

   So it's the new year and most people make New Years resolutions. So did you? I did! Maybe not really a resolution but I've made my year goal. Before we go any further I'd like to start off my saying that I don't like selfish people but everything I'm about to say is going to sounds exactly like what I don't like. So I apologize in advance but my blog is called Just Being Priss and I'm about to be just Priss! 
   So first and for most I'd like to start off by saying that as a women we've already begun having a lot on your plate! No I'm not a feminist okay maybe a little bit but hear me out. Due to having only one car I drop off my son & husband every morning. So every morning I start off my day by driving about 40 minutes. From there I never really know where my day is going to take me. My son has speech therapy so everything has to be scheduled around that. And just like you having to take your children or yourself to the doctor, I'm making doctor appointments, keeping tabs on referrals, making sure my babies don't run out of medicine and everything else that comes with health. I'm taking care of the home and trying to balance parenthood and personal time. Since I don't work (outside the home) I don't care about getting my hair done, buying clothes or anything like that! The last time I got a pedicure was in February and its been about a year since I've gotten my haircut by someone professional! Well, can I consider myself a professional since I've done it a few times? Yeah your right I can't, booooo! When I do buy myself something it's usually something small & basic. I always put my family first and extended myself to the max. I'm involved in PTA & my sons DI team. I'll stay up as long as I as I have to, to get what I need done and sleep a few hours and get up and do it again. Here comes a little TMI so you may want to skip through, I'll understand. Sometimes I'm in such a rush I forget to put on deodorant! I end up going the whole day until I remember, thank God I don't get smelly fast! Most of the times my toes aren't done, no biggie right? Well I use to have my feet done all the time. That's one body part that I  love and I use to take pride in them, yeah not so much anymore. Hair, do we need to talk about this? Probably not but I am. My hair is always in a pony tail with my baby hair sticking out. Baby hair no real big issue, but I have a hard time taming them. The problem is I love having my hair straight, that's when I feel good about myself. 
   With all that said I go back to my resolution. I want to put myself first! I want to be a tad bit selfish. I want to balance parenthood, my job (our home) and taking care of myself like I took care of myself before kids. Do I see this as wrong, no I don't! I need to be confident in myself and a simple thing as having my toes done and my hair straightened will do it for me. I'm not high maintenance, actually I see myself as simple. I love simple though so this works for me. It may not work for you but that's you and this is me. Call me selfish and for right now I'm okay with that!Why, because this is my goal! This is for me and for once I need to take a little more time out of the day to be concerned for myself :) 

What is your goal/ resolution this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment