About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, thank you for visiting my blog! Let me tell you a bit about myself. First I'm a wife then a mother of two (a 5 & 1yr old). I love to share my experiences, thoughts, ideas, questions really just about everything, lol! I want to be a positive motivation by sharing what I go through. You never know what I'll post, believe me, sometimes I blow my own mind. Having children = never a dull moment. Through it all I try to take one day at time remembering to keep breathing through it all :)

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What vacation taught me :0

   So the day after school ended we planned our vacation to begin so early Friday morning we were up loading the car, getting us feed and packing last minutes items and off to San Antonio (S.A.) we headed... This was our first vacation & I couldn't have been more excited! When we didn't have kids ever year we'd drive up to the DFW metroplex and be here for a year. This was our vacation and we enjoyed it. We wouldn't do anything for a week; we wouldn't answer calls, no shopping, eat out (uhh huh, yummy) and enjoying Christmas & New Years. After we had our first we moved to DFW so vacation really was never on our mind since we love being here. But, my hubby's family is still in Corpus and we hadn't visited in 3 yrs so vacation was planned. Our first stop was in S. A. and we stayed with family there. Everything went pretty well as we didn't have much time to spend there. We got there Friday afternoon/ early evening. We went grocery shopping (to help save on money), cooked supper then it was off to bed. Bed was already about 11pm and I fell asleep quickly. Saturday it was up and cooking again then off we went. We visited with a friend, saw the Alamo and saw the Riverwalk. Just because it's summer doesn't mean we don't to have walk a bit and get some form of History in us, right?  Lol.  
   Sunday came around and off to Corpus Christi (CC) we went. Our first stop was to Family Life Church, our home church when we lived there. Awesome Pastor and First Lady there, highly suggested church if your visiting or looking for a home church. Once we left it was visiting time for us! We loved visiting with our family and meeting a few new family members. We took our babies to the beach and showed them some of your favorite restaurants, where we lived and few other things. While we were there my BudBud also had his birthday come up. It was last minute but this momma made it happen! On out last day which was his birthday we enjoyed a little birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, woo hoo! We had such a great time hanging with family playing games. It was really cute how the kids wanted to play the same games or how they'd fight over what ever they were playing. We had such a ball with the few things we did.
   On the flip side of all these things there were also a few downs.  First as stated above it's been three years since we've been to C.C. so I was looking for growth. Unfortunately, I didn't see it. The park that was known as Cole Park was redone which was nice but the restrooms need to be updated and a splash pad would've been nice. There is a splash pad further down the street which we didn't make it to but here there are splash parks in more then just one area in the same town! Corpus needs to grow in a way that is also beneficial to the people. Opening new restaurants, stores and theme parks is beneficial to the city!  They are making money but what about people that want a cheaper option? Having splash pads are a great option for parents that don't want to always go to a water park or for parents that can't financial afford it. What about having a few different parks? Not just a park but some nice parks that your kids will actually enjoy. The biggest thing I learned though is to not expect anything different then what you know! Some things/ people never change. I saw a lot on this trip and not all of it was all peachy. Our flesh wants to talk about people but we shouldn't but sometimes our flesh takes over. Okay, maybe it's just mine!
   First; be a person of your word. Second; get out your comfort zone. Third; think about others. I'm not perfect in any way and I mess up on a daily basis , no joke but everyday is a new day! You can't give up or not try just because. If you say something try to hold your end of the deal, it's not fair to any party involved to not do so. Like always you have to watch who you count on. God will always be there and he should be the one you go to first. But being imperfect as we are, sometimes we let our emotions take over and it gets the best of us. Once your emotions take over it effects you in more ways then one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment