About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, thank you for visiting my blog! Let me tell you a bit about myself. First I'm a wife then a mother of two (a 5 & 1yr old). I love to share my experiences, thoughts, ideas, questions really just about everything, lol! I want to be a positive motivation by sharing what I go through. You never know what I'll post, believe me, sometimes I blow my own mind. Having children = never a dull moment. Through it all I try to take one day at time remembering to keep breathing through it all :)

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Step out...

   Today I stepped out of my comfort zone in a big way and I'm glad I did. Our oldest didn't start going to the movies until he was about fours yr old,  I wanted to take him prior to that but never took the chance. Our BudBud usually doesn't stay still for more then a few minutes if we're lucky 30 minutes only if it's his favorite movie, Rio! Our oldest goes to the movies with dad but baby and me get the privilege of staying home, boooo.
   Trying to keep my oldest occupied for the summer I decided to take them to the movies by myself!!!! I was full of worry and fear, no lie. Our little one is wanting to be so much like this brother that we've had to change the way we do things with him. He's so different then our oldest that sometimes I'm completely confused on what to do. We walked in with no stroller and headed to the restroom. We had to get the restroom break out of the way so we wouldn't have to leave in the middle of the movie, that's no fun. After that was taken care of , off to the concession stand it was. The line was taking a bit longer then the boys wanted to wait so the oldest took the little one to a nearby coin machine, then on to the game area. Without my better judgement I said they could go. They started coming back by the time I was done getting our Icee and popcorn. This frugal mommy also packed water and candy in our bag, hehe, shh don't tell no one. Hey, I'm not about to pay $3/$4 for water or candy, no I'm not!
   We walk into the theater and I'm thinking it would be slightly empty but boy was I wrong. The theater got about half full, at that point I got really nervous as I know how BudBud can behave. When he wants to he will be loud, he'll throw things, start yelling, or crying for not getting his way. My son!   BudBud is on the short side so he was having a hard time seeing over the front chair so off to find a booster seat. We got him a seat and now for his snacks. This momma took a small bowl so they wouldn't fight over the popcorn tub so a little popcorn in his bowl and the drink in between them, so far off to a great start. One thing about movies is there are way too many commercials, they need to cut those down in children's movies. Just a thought, kids don't have a long attention span just in case they didn't know! The commercials seemed to last forever then finally the movie....
  We watched Home which was great for our oldest but not very entertaining for the little one. About an hour into it he started being a wiggle worm, oh no. He sat with me, walked in the aisle, sat with me, sat in his seat, sat with me, you can tell how it went :0 I knew he was tired so I tried rocking him while he was with me but he didn't fall asleep :( Finally the movie was over and my anxiety level dropped, yeah for me. Once the dim lights were turned on the search was on for BudBud's cup, yep in the middle of the movie he threw it! By the time we left the popcorn, ICEE and half the candy was gone.
   I was so proud I took the chance taking them out and doing something I wouldn't normally do. I was also proud of my BudBud for lasting as long as he did. Lately it's really been hitting me that my baby/ baby boy is not really a baby :( I don't like this, he is growing so fast and even though I'm with him on a daily basis I still feel as I'm missing out. Do you ever feel the same? I know I'm doing what I can and doing it to the best of my ability but realty is, kids grow right in front of our eyes and there is nothing we can do but love, remember and live in the moments and memories we create.


No comments:

Post a Comment