About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, thank you for visiting my blog! Let me tell you a bit about myself. First I'm a wife then a mother of two (a 5 & 1yr old). I love to share my experiences, thoughts, ideas, questions really just about everything, lol! I want to be a positive motivation by sharing what I go through. You never know what I'll post, believe me, sometimes I blow my own mind. Having children = never a dull moment. Through it all I try to take one day at time remembering to keep breathing through it all :)

Thursday, January 8, 2015

   How's it going this 2015? It being Wednesday I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't post goals this week. My goal was to start working out 3-5x's a week from now on since I'm going to jog/run  a 5K this year. When I was doing therapy and having to dig deep I set this out as one of my goals. I wanted to do a 5K. About a month after I was able to fully walk hubby signed us up for one and even though I wasn't ready (fitness wise) I wasn't going to let that stop me. We took both kids and went for it. It took us a little over an hour but it was okay, I was just proud we did it. I was proud of me. Through everything I was going through all I could think of was my children. It was my driving force through my emotional roller coaster. 
   We've walked 2 5K's and I did a mile walk. (I was going to do the 5K but my son fell and didn't want to walk anymore.) This year I will complete my almost 2 yr goal. When visiting with my nephews during Thanksgiving we started speaking about 5K's and we decided to do one together. I was excited because it means I'd get to spend time with my nephews but also get to complete my goal with people that understand the feeling of doing these races. You always want support but a lot of times people just don't get it and kind of give that crooked eye, lol. 
   We've done the Heart Association & March of Dimes walks but I want something FUN. These races are for great causes but are emotional. My father and grandmother had heart issues and my 2nd cousin was born prematurely. The MoD walk was hard to complete when you see so many teams with personalized t-shirts of babies that didn't make it and the ones on the other side that did. With all that being said The Color Run is something I'm looking forward to. I'm ready to get Colorful!! I looked at their website and they explained you can spray it with vinegar and iron for the color to stay, yes I will be doing this : )
   For the down side of all of this, I can't run a mile! Yes, you read that right, I can't run a mile! So I looked up how to train for a 5K and I was ready. I've had a little bump in the road this week (like usual) but I'm looking forward to next week to get this training started. Hopefully I can get one workout this week, do you think if I sneak out they'll notice? Lol, yeah they will. I can't wait for it to warm up just a bit, it will be slightly easier to get out and keep a workout schedule. The 20's and 30's are kicking me in the rear.....    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment